RECIPE OF THE MONTH | HEALTHY WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
Healthy White Chicken Chili is a 30-minute dinner with chicken breast, white beans, corn, cumin and yogurt. Easy to make on the stove, crockpot or Instant Pot.
- Preheat large dutch oven or heavy bottom pot on medium-high heat and swirl oil to coat.
- Add garlic and onion, sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cumin, oregano, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl, add about 1 cup of beans and mash with a fork. It helps to thicken the chili.
- Add broth, mashed and whole beans, corn, green chiles and chicken breasts. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low-medium and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Remove chicken and shred with 2 forks or meat claws.
- Return chicken to the pot along with lime juice, cilantro and yogurt.
- Stir and serve warm with your favorite toppings like tortilla chips, cheese, more cilantro and lime.
- 1.5 lbs 3 medium boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp oil I use avocado oil
- 3 cups chicken broth low sodium*
- 2 x 15 oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups corn
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Small bunch of cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plain or Greek yogurt fat 2%+
- 1 lime juice of
- Tortilla chips avocado, more yogurt, limes, for serving